Fort Collins' own Complete Equestrian Vaulters will be honoring one of the country’s most famous equestrian vaulting horses – Chunky Monkey – at their upcoming Heart Beats Gala Fundraiser on Jan. 21.
Fort Collins' own Complete Equestrian Vaulters will be honoring one of the country’s most famous equestrian vaulting horses – Chunky Monkey – at their upcoming Heart Beats Gala Fundraiser on Jan. 21. Chunky Monkey is 17 years old and has become world famous for being the little horse that more equestrian vaulting champions in the United States have started the sport on.
“Chunky Monkey is truly the safest and kindest vaulting horse of all time,” said Nicole Collins, head coach of Complete Equestrian Vaulters. “He instills a lifetime of confidence, so vaulters can improve and excel. Our team is so fortunate to have him.”
Among some of the equestrian vaulting champions who have started vaulting on Chunky Monkey are:
- Marshall Collins: Trot National Champion (2016)
- Jackson Collins: Tiny Tot National Champion (2016)
- Sequoia Thomas: Trot National Champion (2011)
- Abby Huckaby: numerous awards
- Emma Milito: numerous awards
- Sydney Schimack: numerous awards
- Leah Coe: numerous awards
- Shea Ryan: numerous awards
- Michaela Ryan: numerous awards
- Maddy Barlow: numerous awards
A Lifetime Achievement Award will be presented to Chunky Monkey at the Complete Equestrian Vaulters’ biggest annual fundraiser, Heart Beats Gala, on Jan. 21 at 5 p.m. at B.W. Pickett Arena at 735 Overland Trail in Fort Collins, Colorado. Tickets include dinner, dessert, wine tasting and a silent auction.
Heart Beats Gala is the not-for-profit organization’s largest annual fundraiser. For more details, go to www.heartbeatsgala2017.com.