This article appears in College Prep 2019.
Get a taste of college life, explore possible majors or challenge your comfort zone in a foreign country. A summer program is the perfect
way to learn more about your interests — and yourself — while boosting your college application and maybe even earning college credit.
- INTO PREP SAT/ACT TEST PREP: Everything is ready but your SAT/ACT score is short for your dream college? Join us at our Bryn Mawr Residential Camp or one of our day camps. INTO PREP offers the unbeatable Score Guarantee: Improve your SAT/ACT score by 270/6 points, or earn a score of at least 1500/33 points. We also offer fall and spring classes to students living in the Philadelphia area.
Locations: Bryn Mawr, Melvern and Upper Darby, Pennsylvania
- LIFELAUNCHR: LifeLaunchr provides expert, personalized college admissions coaching to help students find their best-fit college and get in. Starting as early as freshman year, LifeLaunchr helps students with all aspects of the admissions process: essays, college selection, application assistance, financial aid, and scholarships.
- BOSTON LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE: Take part in our award-winning summer STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) teen programs. Students will engage in experimental research & take exciting field trips. Options include Biology, Chemistry, Biomedical Research, Engineering, Psychology, Neuroscience, and STEM Entrepreneurship.
Location: Wellesley, Massachusetts
- BOSTON UNIVERSITY SUMMER TERM: Prepare for your college future with exciting and challenging summer programs for high school students at Boston University Summer Term. With five programs to choose from, you can earn college credit, discover new subject areas, perform cutting-edge research in university labs, or immerse yourself in hands-on learning.
- BROWN UNIVERSITY PRE-COLLEGE PROGRAMS: Each summer, talented high school students from around the world enroll in Brown PreCollege Programs to experience Ivy League academics and prepare for a successful transition to college. There are more than 300 courses, in one to seven week sessions, on campus, online, or around the world, to choose from.
Location: Providence, Rhode Island
- CORNELL SCE PRE-COLLEGE STUDIES: Cornell University Summer College offers precollege programs for motivated high school students. Experience the excitement of college life, take college courses with renowned faculty, and enjoy an unforgettable, life-changing summer with 1,000+ high school students from all over the world.
Location: Ithaca, New York
- COUNCIL ON INTERNATIONAL EDUCATIONAL EXCHANGE: CIEE’s immersive programs are 3 to 4 weeks long and offer an ideal balance between interactive coursework, travel adventures, and engagement with local students and families. Explore the world and come home with new skills, newfound passion - and maybe even college credits!
- EF INTERNATIONAL LANGUAGE CAMPUSES: Learn a language abroad on the adventure of a lifetime. You will see the world, experience a new culture, and make friends from 100 countries as you prepare for you global future. Start any Monday and study from two weeks to a whole year (as a gap year). Ages 13 and up.
- ENGINEERING SUMMER ACADEMY AT PENN: The Engineering Summer Academy at Penn offers a unique summer opportunity for a select group of motivated and talented high school students. Experience rigorous and challenging college-level studies at our high-tech, Ivy League program in the heart of Philadelphia!
- iD TECH CAMPS: At iD Tech Camps, students build in-demand skills in coding, game development, robotics engineering, and design. The top universities on the planet—Stanford, NYU, Caltech—have trusted and hosted our programs for over 20 years, inspiring students to dream BIG. Students who participate can explore a top campus, make friends as they master new tech skills, and join a community of over 400,000 alumni. Held at 130+ locations worldwide.
- NATIONAL OUTDOOR LEADERSHIP SCHOOL: Dive in and discover the wonders of the outdoors. NOLS Adventure Courses and Classic Expeditions for teens offer a curriculum specifically designed to focus on their needs. These expeditions provide an opportunity to disconnect from technology and reconnect in the wilderness. Each course introduces lifelong leadership skills to prepare students for leadership roles in school, college, on teams, and beyond.
- STANFORD UNIVERSITY PRE-COLLEGIATE STUDIES: Stanford Pre-Collegiate Summer Institutes is a three week summer residential program held on Stanford campus that provides academically talented and intellectually curious students currently in grades 8–11 with intensive study in a single course.
Location: Stanford, California
- TRAVEL FOR TEENS: Travel For Teens believes that summer travel should be both fun and enriching. We offer cultural exploration, community service, language, and photography as well as “younger teens” and “older teens” programs to Europe, Africa, Latin America, Oceania, Asia, and North America for students entering 8th grade through college.
- UCONN PRE-COLLEGE SUMMER: UConn Pre-College Summer provides rising high school juniors and seniors the opportunity to live and learn through four challenging and intensive one-week sessions to choose from at UConn Storrs, a nationally ranked public university campus.
Location: Storrs, Connecticut
- UMASS AMHERST SUMMER PRE-COLLEGE: UMass Amherst Summer Pre-College provides an opportunity for motivated high school students to earn college credit in an academic or research based program, live in the premium Honors Residential Community, eat in our award-winning dining hall, and discover what makes Amherst an amazing college town.
Location: Amherst, Massachusetts
- WELLESLEY PRE-COLLEGE SUMMER PROGRAMS: The Wellesley Pre-College Summer Residential Programs are designed for young, ambitious, and driven women who want to prepare for the academic rigors of a top liberal arts college. While advancing students academically, these programs provide the opportunity to gain confidence and build leadership skills beyond the classroom.
Location: Wellesley, Massachusetts
To request more information about any program on this page, go to teenlife.com/request-college-prep.
Programs that prepare you for college